Solar Plaza analyzed 65 companies working with blockchain and energy. The following are some of the key insights:
- Most of the action (over 64%) is concentrated on the European continent.
- The top 3 countries are the Netherlands, Germany and the US.
- The Ethereum blockchain enjoys a signing cant lead over the rest of the blockchains. Around 50% of the projects use Ethereum.
- Close to 74% of the companies were started/founded between 2016 and 2017, which reflects the early stage the technology is still in.
- 1 out of every 4 companies has conducted (or are planning) an ICO/ token sale.
- DAO IPCI is the leader in its sector pioneering world's first carbon credits transaction and issuance in the blockchain.
Full report - Energy Blockchain Report