“DAO IPCI” is a decentralized autonomous organization “Integral Platform for Climate Initiatives”, an independent smart contracts and blockchain technology-based ecosystem for carbon markets, societal costs mitigation instruments, for environmental market assets, rights and liabilities
“Program” is a market-based climate change, environmental and other societal cost Mitigation program operating in DAO IPCI
“Mitigation” – reduction of negative external effects of economic activities, for example, reduction of GHG emissions
“Environmental unit” is a digital unit issued in DAO IPCI representing climate change, environmental mitigation outcome achieved and verified in accordance with the rules and requirements of relevant program
“Operator” is a person authorized under relevant Program (and in compliance with the rules of DAO IPCI) to supervise compliance with the rules and requirements of the Program in DAO IPCI, to initiate emission of the internal token in accordance with MITO policy, to approve environmental registries, security reserve and security deposit contracts, issuance limits for environmental units, their validity period, security reservation and security deposit parameters, and to list independent entities
“Genesis Operator” is the Operator for “The Integrated Program for Climate Initiatives”, which has served as the initial DAO IPCI Program (see “The Programs Operating in DAO IPCI”)
“MITO Pool of DAOs” is a pool of operators and participants of decentralized autonomous organizations within DAO IPCI ecosystem, which pursue MITO Policy, share common Mitigation Token-based market and abstain from emission of alternative digital currency
“Issuer” is an original owner of underlying mitigation outcomes (or its authorized representative), who initiates the procedure to issue Environmental units in DAO IPCI by creating particular environmental registries, security reserve or security deposit contracts
“Complier” is an identified user performing in compliance with DAO IPCI rules, and pursuing certain climate, societal costs’ mitigation policy, or program
“Independent Entity” is an independent entity (or its authorized representative) accredited and authorized by an Operator to assess and verify mitigation outcomes’, quantified impact, quantified commitments’, with relevant standards, methodologies, Program rules and requirements as underlying for the Environmental units issued in DAO IPCI, and to support preclusion of double spending
“Internal Token” (Mitigation Token, MITO) is a current digital unit issued by the Operators subject to the approval of MITO Pool of DAOs under MITO Policy to reflect transactions, transfer of rights and commitments in DAO IPCI. Mitigation Token sole purpose is to provide market exchange operations with environmental units issued to the environmental units’ registries by the independent Entities under the supervision of the Operators
“MITO Policy” is a principle agreement of the Operators to share common Mitigation Token-based market, to cap emission and abstain from emission of alternative digital currency
“Issuance limit” is a maximum number of digital units set to be issued to the registries
“Smart contract” is a partially or fully self-executing protocol that facilitates, verifies, or enforces the negotiation or performance of a contract.
Using DAO IPCI website and blockchain platform
DAO IPCI is developed in cooperation with Airalab within and based on the “Ethereum Platform”. Open source software of the “Ethereum Platform” is used and developed under the terms of GNU Lesser General Public License and Disclaimer of Liabilities and Warranties.
DAO IPCI source code, core protocols, modules, smart-contracts, decentralized application are available on the basis of the 3-Clause BSD License: © 2017 DAO IPCI
Basic terms and explanations
- DAO IPCI digital application address: http://dapp.ipci.io
- Genesis Operator DAO core address is 0x0091DeC954D68362608Dc90A606F638FBadf21D4
- DAO IPCI transactions and registries are open and public
- DAO IPCI stakeholder may choose either to join existing Programs as a user, Issuer, Complier or Independent Entity (under a relevant Program Operator control) or to launch a new Program undertaking the functions of the Operator for such new program. DAO IPCI stakeholder may join existing program to
- perform as Issuer to supply Environmental units
- perform as Complier to comply with particular mitigation policy, for example to offset carbon footprint
- trade Environmental units to support mitigation projects as User
- provide professional services as an Independent Entity
DAO IPCI stakeholder may launch new Program by
- creating DAO
- accepting Mitigation Token Policy
- setting the rules of the new Program
- bringing in and accepting Issuers, Independent entities, Compliers and Users to perform under the new Program.
- Combining the functions of Operator, Issuer, Independent Entity within the same DAO is prohibited
- The lists of Independent Entities eligible to perform under specific programs are formed by the Operators of the Programs
- Issuance limits for Environmental units' registries and the parameters of security reservation or security deposit for Tnvironmental units are established by the Operators and assigned Independent Entities
- Issuance of Environmental units is initiated by the Issuer and performed by Independent Entities to the Issuer’s address within the limit, validity period, security reservation or security deposit parameters established by the Operators
- Environmental units acquired in DAO IPCI are specifically designed to offset environmental damage (including carbon footprint), to mitigate societal costs and intended to be transferred to the Complier contracts (for retirement)
- The units transferred to the Complier contracts may be burnt (retired) by the Complier. The Contract does not allow for other operations with the units
- The rates of commission fees to the Operator are published at the IPCI.IO and do not include taxes, fees and commissions to other entities (ex. to a bank, to Independent Entities, etc.). Currently, as of March 7, 2017, commission for executing buying and selling orders (lots) by the buyer and by the seller is established at 0.05 MITO per environmental unit,
- We shall sustain the essence and logic of Smart contracts, however corrections and improvements we may deem necessary may be introduced at any time without prior notice.
DAO IPCI encourages users to establish hypertext links to this website, and you do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The website pages must load into the user’s entire window.
Hyperlinks to third party websites
DAO IPCI is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We make every effort to check and test material, links and digital applications at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using materials, links or applications derived from this website.
The DAO IPCI website, digital applications and any materials relating to third party information, products and services, are provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not guarantee that the functions or the material contained in this website, relevant digital applications or any objects or processes whatsoever will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server or any other software or hardware that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the material, object or process (whatsoever). In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from any direct or indirect use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the DAO IPCI website, material, digital applications, objects or processes (whatsoever).
DAO IPCI source code, core protocols, modules, smart-contracts are available on the basis of the 3-Clause BSD License and are
PROVIDED BY DAO IPCI "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL DAO IPCI BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF DAO IPCI’S SOFTWARE, HARDWARE OR ANYTHING ELSE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Provisional Terms for Pilot Operations
- To account for settlement of payments for climate mitigation outcomes between the participants of pilot transactions IPCI Operator shall issue internal token (Mitigation Token, MITO) in the amount limited by the Issuance Limit of 10,000 units
- MITO is intended to reflect acquirement of Environmental units (carbon credits) to offset GHG emissions (carbon footprint) operations in DAO IPCI
- Accounting exchange rate of MITO for the given limited emission is equivalent to 1 (One) Euro
- Internal token MITO is transferred by the IPCI Operator to the Compliers' and Users' confirmed addresses in the amount equal to their commitments in Euro confirmed by the documents downloaded to IPFS
- Environmental units acquired in DAO IPCI by Complier in exchange for MITO are transferred to a complier contract, which reflects the offsetting of GHG emissions (carbon footprint) operations
- MITO transferred in DAO IPCI to the Issuer’s address reflect the commitment to finance specific climate mitigation projects in the corresponding amount.
- Payment in Euro shall be executed at the Issuer's request, and receipt of corresponding invoice and corresponding amount of MITO is surrendered by the Issuer to IPCI Operator; the amount of payment shall correspond to the amount of MITO surrendered by the Issuer and shall not exceed commitment describe in p.4
PRELIMINARY STAGE OF MITIGATION TOKEN INITIAL EMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
1. Emission and distribution of Mitigation token (MITO) shall be performed in the Ethereum blockchain Main Network with MITO contract address at 0x120c76a9cc4e4746ce37d31cfd493d99781e30e7
2. Initial emission of MITO
2.1. DAO IPCI Genesis Operator shall create the DAO IPCI Congress contract comprising of DAO IPCI founders, DAO IPCI team members on or before September 11, 2017. DAO IPCI Congress contract shall be the sole source of initial MITO emission and the owner of MITO token contract. DAO IPCI Congress contract address and MITO token contract address shall be published and confirmed at http://mito.ipci.io/ on or before September 11, 2017.
2.2. Initial emission and distribution of MITO shall be limited by 10,000,000 tokens and performed in two stages
2.2.1. At the preliminary stage, emission and distribution of MITO shall be limited by 1,000,000 tokens and shall be specified on or before September 11, 2017 in this section and at http://ipci.io/category/news/ and http://mito.ipci.io/,
2.2.2. At the main stage, emission and distribution shall be limited by 9,000,000 tokens and shall be specified on or before November 15, 2017 at http://ipci.io/category/news/and http://mito.ipci.io/.
2.3. Further emission of MITO shall be limited by ultimate cap and by the sum of Environmental units secured and accessible via Environmental units’ registries minus the amount of MITO previously issued (see the White Paper version 4.0, section “Mitigation Token”).
2.4. Further emission of MITO shall not be possible for one year after the announcement of the main stage (see p. 2.2.2.), i.e. until November 15, 2018.
3. Distribution of MITO for the preliminary stage
3.1. 1,000,000 MITO emission for the preliminary stage of initial emission and distribution shall be distributed entirely for crowd offering and private identified buyers’ offering with funds raised targeted
3.1.1. to support further non-commercial research and development of economic and IT protocols needed to sustain and expand DAO IPCI societal costs mitigation ecosystem (approximately 60% of funds raised),
3.1.2. to establish a non-profit legal entity for the purposes defined in p. 3.1.1. (approximately 20% percent of funds raised),
3.1.3. to obtain legal and other professional expertise and services needed to support implementation of the tasks defined in p. 3.1.1. (approximately 20% of funds raised).
3.2. Preliminary stage of MITO distribution shall take place at the Ethereum Main Net over the period starting with Ethereum block defined hereinafter expected on September 11, 2017 and closing with Ethereum block defined hereinafter expected оn October 31, 2017. Preliminary stage of MITO distribution schedule and parameters shall be as follows:
3.2.1. Starting block = 4260826 3.2.2. Final block = 4440560
3.2.3. ETH to MITO exchange rate: 1 ETH = 333.33 MITO 3.3. Crowdfunding contract address to transfer Ether (ETH) to exchange for MITO shall be published and confirmed solely at http://mito.ipci.io/ on or before September 11, 2017
3.4. The funds raised at the preliminary stage shall be collected at the Congress contract
3.5. For the main stage of emission and distribution of Mitigation Token ETH to MITO exchange rate shall be at least: 0.007 ETH = 1 MITO
4. NO U.S. AND CHINA PURCHASERS: Mitigation Tokens (MITO) are not being offered or distributed to U.S. persons and People's Republic of China citizens (as defined below). If you are citizen, resident of the United States of America or of the People's Republic of China, or a person located or domiciled in, the United States of America including its states, territories or the District of Columbia or any entity, including, without limitation, any corporation or partnership created or organized in or under the laws of the United States of America, any state or territory thereof or the District of Columbia (a “U.S. person”) do not purchase or attempt to purchase Mitigation Tokens.