“DAO IPCI” is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization “Integral Platform for Climate Initiatives”, an independent, open and decentralized smart contracts and blockchain technology-based ecosystem for carbon market instruments, for environmental market assets, rights and liabilities
"Environmental Program" is a climate change and impact mitigation program operating in DAO IPCI
“Environmental unit” is a digital unit issued in DAO IPCI representing climate change, environmental mitigation outcome achieved and verified in accordance with the rules and requirements of relevant environment program
“Operator” is a person authorized by relevant environmental program to supervise compliance with the rules and requirements of the program in DAO IPCI, to issue internal token within the issuance limit, and to approve issuance limits for environmental units, their validity period and security reservation parameters
“Issuer” is an original owner of underlying mitigation outcomes, who initiates the procedure to issue environmental units in DAO IPCI
“Complier” is an an identified user performing in compliance with DAO IPCI rules, and pursuing certain climate change, environmental mitigation policy, or program
“Independent Entity” is an independent entity accredited by the Operator authorized to assess and verify mitigation outcomes' and quantified commitments' compliance with relevant climate program, environmental mitigation program rules and requirements as underlying for the environmental units issued in DAO IPCI, and to assure preclusion of double spending
“Internal Token” (Mitigation Token, MITO) is a current digital unit issued by the operators of environmental programs within the issuance limit to reflect transactions, transfer of rights and commitments in DAO IPCI
“Issuance limit” is a maximum number of digital units set to be issued to the registries
“Smart contract” is a partially or fully self-executing computer protocol that facilitates, verifies, or enforces the negotiation or performance of a contract.
Using DAO IPCI website and blockchain platform
DAO IPCI is developed in cooperation with Airalab within and based on the “Ethereum Platform”. Open source software of the “Ethereum Platform” is used and developed under the terms of GNU Lesser General Public License and Disclaimer of Liabilities and Warranties.
Basic terms and explanations
- DAO IPCI digital application address: http://dapp.ipci.io
- DAO IPCI core address: 0x0091DeC954D68362608Dc90A606F638FBadf21D4
- DAO IPCI transactions and registries are open and public
- Issuance limits for internal token are established by the Operators
- The lists of Independent Entities eligible to perform under specific programs are formed by the Operators of the programs
- Issuance limits and the parameters of security reservation for environmental units are established by the Operators and assigned Independent Entities based on verification documents provided by the Issuer and the Independent Entities’ statements
- Issuance of environmental units is initiated by the Issuer and performed by Independent Entities to the Issuer’s address within the limit, validity period and security reservation parameters established by the Operators on the basis of documents provided fy the Issuer and downloaded to IPFS peer-to-peer distributed file system
- Environmental units acquired in DAO IPCI are specifically designed to offset environmenal damage (including carbon footprint) and intended to be transferred to the Burning contracts (for retirement)
- The units transferred to the Burning contracts may be burnt (retired) by the Complier. The Contract does not allow for other operations with the units
- The rates of commission fees to the Operator are published at the IPCI.IO and do not include taxes, fees and commissions to other entities (ex. to the Bank, to Independent Entities, etc.). Currently, as of March 7, 2017, commission for executing buying and selling orders (lots) by the Buyer and by the Seller is established at 0.05 MITO per environmental unit,
- Issuance limits for the environmental units are established by the Operators based on the Independent Entities statements,
- We shall sustain the essense and logic of smart-contracts, however corrections and improvements may be introduced at any time without prior notice,
- Amounts of money, tokens and units, commission fees and rates in the Manuals and flow charts are for illustration purposes only
- Different Users in the flow charts and explanatory notes are designated by Roman numerals (“User I”, “User II”…) and/or by functions within specific operations(“Issuer”, “Auditor”, “Operator”)
- The numbers (1., 2., …) in the flow-charts and explanatory notes are consecutive and represent the sequence of steps to place and execute orders and execute smart-contracts in DAO IPCI ecosystem
- DAO IPCI components and smart contracts in the Manuals are in purple with white-colored text
DAO IPCI encourages users to establish hypertext links to this website, and you do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The website pages must load into the user’s entire window.
Hyperlinks to third party websites
DAO IPCI is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We make every effort to check and test material, links and digital applications at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using materials, links or applications derived from this website.
The DAO IPCI website, digital applications and material relating to third party information, products and services, are provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not guarantee that the functions contained in the material contained in this website, relevant digital applications will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the material. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the DAO IPCI website, material and digital applications.
Provisional Terms for Pilot Operations
- To account for settlement of payments for climate mitigation outcomes between the participants of pilot transactions IPCI Operator shall issue internal token (Mitigation Token, MITO) in the amount limited by the Issuance Limit of 10,000 units
- MITO is intended to reflect acquirement of environmental units (carbon credits) to offset GHG emissions (carbon footprint) operations in DAO IPCI
- Accounting exchange rate of MITO for the given limited emission is equivalent to 1 (One) Euro
- Internal token MITO is transferred by the IPCI Operator to the Compliers' and Users' confirmed addresses in the amount equal to their commitments in Euro “ confirmed by the documents downloaded to IPFS
- Environmental units acquired in DAO IPCI by Complier in exchange for MITO are transferred to the Burning contract, which reflects the offsetting of GHG emissions (carbon footprint) operations
- MITO transferred in DAO IPCI to the Issuer’s address reflect the commitment to finance specific climate mitigation projects in the corresponding amount.
- Payment in Euro shall be executed at the Issuer's request, and receipt of corresponding invoice and corresponding amount of MITO is surrendered by the Issuer to IPCI Operator ; the amount of payment shall correspond to the amount of MITO surrendered by the Issuer and shall not exceed commitment describe in p.4